Couples and sex therapy
Strengthening Bonds, Fostering Connection: Your Path to Relationship Fulfillment
What is couples and sex therapy?
Couples therapy, at its core, is a dedicated space for you and your partner to navigate the complexities of your relationship with the guidance of a trained therapist. It's a collaborative process that seeks to improve communication, resolve conflicts, and enhance the overall quality of your connection. For those seeking assistance with sexual concerns, this may also include elements of sex therapy, aimed at addressing sexual issues, enhancing intimacy, and promoting a fulfilling sexual relationship.
Just as individuals seek therapy to address personal challenges, couples therapy and sex therapy are resources designed to help couples work through issues that may be causing strain in their relationship, whether they are related to communication, conflict resolution, or sexual intimacy. During these therapy sessions, you and your partner will have the opportunity to openly discuss your concerns and feelings in a safe and non-judgmental environment. The therapist will assist you in identifying and understanding patterns of behavior, communication, and emotional responses that may be contributing to your relationship difficulties. Together, you'll explore practical strategies and gain insights to promote healthier interactions, resolve conflicts, and foster a deeper sense of intimacy, both emotionally and sexually.
Couples and sex therapy are not about assigning blame but about promoting understanding and growth. It can be a valuable resource for couples at any stage of their relationship, whether you're seeking to strengthen a strong partnership, address specific sexual concerns, or explore new dimensions of your connection. Ultimately, it's an investment in the health and longevity of your relationship, offering the opportunity for greater connection, harmony, and fulfillment, both emotionally and sexually.
When to seek therapy?
- Communication Issues: Difficulty in effectively expressing thoughts, feelings, and needs, or feeling misunderstood by your partner.
- Conflict Resolution: Frequent arguments, unresolved disputes, or challenges in finding common ground.
- Trust and Infidelity: Rebuilding trust after an affair or addressing trust issues within the relationship.
- Intimacy and Emotional Connection: Feeling emotionally distant or disconnected from your partner.
- Life Transitions: Coping with major life changes such as marriage, moving, job changes, or becoming empty nesters.
- Cultural or Religious Differences: Navigating disparities in cultural or religious backgrounds within the relationship.
- Codependency: Addressing unhealthy dependency or enmeshment in the relationship.
- Boundaries: Establishing and respecting personal boundaries and boundaries within the relationship.
- Lack of Desire: Experiencing reduced sexual desire or discrepancies in sexual desire between partners.
- Sexual Dysfunction: Addressing issues such as erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, or pain during intercourse.
- Communication about Sex: Difficulty discussing sexual needs, preferences, or concerns with your partner.
- Infrequent Sex or Mismatched Libidos: Struggles with sexual frequency or a significant difference in sexual desire between partners.
- Exploring New Sexual Experiences: Desire to explore new sexual experiences, fantasies, or practices within the relationship.
- Past Trauma: Healing and coping with past sexual trauma or abuse that affects intimacy.
- Sexual Satisfaction: Seeking ways to enhance sexual satisfaction and intimacy within the relationship.
- Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity: Addressing concerns related to sexual orientation or gender identity within the context of the relationship.
- Aging and Sexuality: Managing changes in sexual function and desire as partners age.
- Sexual Growth: Exploring ways to enhance and evolve your sexual connection, even in the absence of acute issues, to deepen intimacy, learn new techniques, and nurture a fulfilling sexual relationship.
I draw inspiration from the wisdom and insights of renowned relationship experts such as Esther Perel, Terry Real, Alain de Botton, and the principles of Gestalt Therapy. At the heart of my practice is the belief that relationships are intricate and dynamic journeys that deserve careful navigation. Just as no two individuals are alike, no two couples share the same story, challenges, or aspirations.
Esther Perel's groundbreaking work on desire, intimacy, and the intricacies of human connection reminds us that the dance of love is ever-evolving. Terry Real's emphasis on relational empowerment and authentic communication provides couples with practical tools to break free from old patterns and cultivate healthier dynamics. Alain de Botton's exploration of love and relationships in the context of modern life encourages us to reflect on our values and expectations. And Gestalt Therapy's holistic approach invites us to be present in the moment, promoting self-awareness and emotional growth.
As a couples therapist, I integrate these diverse perspectives to create a personalized, empathetic, and effective approach to healing and growth. We understand that the journey of love can be both beautiful and challenging, filled with moments of joy and moments of conflict. My mission is to help you and your partner navigate this journey with understanding, compassion, and a renewed sense of purpose.
Whether you're seeking to rekindle the spark in your relationship, resolve conflicts, or simply enhance your connection, the therapy sessions are designed to foster open dialogue, promote emotional intelligence, and guide you toward a more fulfilling partnership. Together, we'll explore your unique story, address underlying issues, and develop practical strategies to strengthen your bond.
The price per session you pay is depending on your financial means. This is to ensure that money is not an impediment to your journey of personal growth.
After the first session we make an agreement on this.
The price range with an average of 1800-2000 CZK* for a 60-minute session.
I accept cash payment, bank transfer, QR-code payment or Revolut.
In the case of a late cancellation (<24h in advance), the full fee for the session is payable.
(*only applicable for clients based in Czech Republic)